20 B/p/m [page 2], ink, Rives Heavyweight, 26 x 40 inches
2010 REDUX Studio Challenge Award Nominee
2010 REDUX Studio Challenge Award Nominee
- Seattle-based artist and writer. She studied sculpture and art history at Pratt Institute, NYC, finishing Magna Cum Laude at Cornish College of the Arts in 2006.
- Founder of the art blog Dimensions Variable/LxWxH
- Arnold's work stems from unique and repetitive applications of traditional and non-traditional uses of paper. The imagery manifests as fictional cartography or mythology; combining the idea of mapping with suggestions of de-coding, language, and rhythm.
Language, maps, and music are, simply put, architecture. They are the foundation of a systematic and rhythmic code upon which we build our stories, our dreams, and our desires. This piece comes from a repetitive series of drawings where I pursue a place to become lost in my own devised moments. I am seeking solace in each little frame; I am seeking freedom through structure.

No comments:
Post a Comment